Whatever difficulties you are facing, there may be a contact below which can offer you help and support.
For helplines and information about drugs and alcohol, please see the ‘Drugs and Alcohol’ help page.
Do you need someone to listen?
- Samaritans… A listening ear, whatever you are going through (you don’t have to be suicidal to call). Free 24 hour Helpline: 116 123. Website: www.samaritans.org
- Childline… 24 hour service for children. Phone: 0800 1111. Website: www.childline.org.uk
- Inspire Counselling… providing a professional counselling service. Phone: 01473 217694. Website: www.inspirecounselling.org.uk
Has someone you care about died?
- Cruse Bereavement Care… offers support to those who have been bereaved. National Helpline: 0808 808 1677. West Suffolk Phone: 01284 767674. Website: www.cruse.org.uk
- WSH Chaplaincy Bereavement Support… Phone 01284 713410. Website: www.wsh.nhs.uk/Patients-and-visitors/Additional-support/Bereavement-support.aspx
- St Nicholas Hospice Bereavement Service… offers support & counselling for adults & children. Phone: 01284 715572. Website: www.stnicholashospice.org.uk
Has someone you care about committed suicide?
- Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide, Suffolk… offers support to those bereaved by suicide. Suffolk Phone: 07531 087623. Suffolk Website: www.suffolk-sobs.org.uk
- Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide, National… offers support to those bereaved by suicide. National Helpline: 0300 111 5065. National Website: www.uksobs.org.uk
Are you struggling with financial problems or debt?
- Christians Against Poverty (CAP)… offers help and support to those with debt and financial problems. Phone: 01274 760720. Website: www.capuk.org/
Have you (or a family member) served with the armed forces?
- Combat Stress… offers support to those who have previously served with the armed forces. Phone: 0800 138 1619. Website: www.combatstress.org.uk/
- Combat Stress… offers support to those who are currently serving with the armed forces. Phone: 0800 323 4444. Website: www.combatstress.org.uk/
- SSAFA Forcesline… offers support to those who are currently serving, or have previously served, with the armed forces. Phone: 0800 731 4880. Website: www.ssafa.org.uk/
Are you experiencing Domestic Violence?
- Domestic Violence and Abuse… 24 hour Helpline: 0808 2000 247. Website: www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk
- Women’s Refuge… offers support, advice and accommodation for victims of domestic abuse. Phone: 01284 753085 (9.30am – 5.00pm, Monday – Friday). Website: www.burystedmundswomensaid.org.uk
- Men’s Advice Line… confidential helpline for men experiencing domestic violence from a partner or ex-partner (or from other family members). Phone: 0808 801 0327. www.mensadviceline.org.uk
Have you (or someone you know) been abused, assaulted or raped?
- The Ferns – sexual assault referral centre… one stop location offering medical care and emotional support to any victim of sexual assault and rape. Phone: 0300 123 5058 Website: www.theferns-suffolk.org.uk
- Rape Crisis… offers support to men and boys and to women and girls. Phone: 0808 802 9999 (12.00 noon – 2.30pm and 7.00pm – 9.30pm, every day of the year). Website: www.rapecrisis.org.uk
- Suffolk Rape Crisis… provides support to women and girls aged 14 and above who have experienced any form of sexual violence Helpline: 08000 850520. Website: www.srchelp.org.uk
- Victim Support (Suffolk and Norfolk)… Phone: 0300 303 3706 between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Out of Hours Phone: 0808 16 89 111. Website: www.nsvictimcare.org
- Customer First… first point of contact for social services in Suffolk, including concerns about abuse. Phone: 0808 800 4005 (out of hours – diverts to Social Care Emergency Duty Service). Website: https://infolink.suffolk.gov.uk/kb5/suffolk/infolink/advice.page?id=NYFIzl7NuJU
Do you need advice about sexual health or pregnancy?
- Worth Talking About… sexual health advice. Website: https://www.nhs.uk/worthtalkingabout/Pages/sex-worth-talking-about.aspx
- Perspectives… confidential support for those experiencing unplanned pregnancy, pregnancy loss & post abortion loss. Phone: 07540 635236. Website: www.perspectivesipswich.co.uk
Do you need help with eating disorders?
- Beat Eating Disorders… understanding eating disorders and how to get help. Helpline: 0808 801 0677, Youthline: 0808 801 0711, Studentline: 0808 801 0811. Website: www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk
Are you concerned about your Mental Health?
- Mind… helping to make sure that no one has to face a mental health problem alone. Phone: 0300 123 3393 (9.00am – 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, not Bank Holidays). Text: 86463. Website: www.mind.org.uk
- Mind ‘Blue Light Infoline’…. for emergency service staff, volunteers and their families. Phone: 0300 303 5999 (9.00am – 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, not Bank Holidays). Text: 84999. Website: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/
- Turning Point… offering specialist and integrated services which focus on improving lives and communities across mental health, learning disability, substance misuse, primary care, the criminal justice system and employment. Phone: 0300 123 0872. Website: www.turning-point.co.uk